Practical approaches to complex situations.
Keep pace with a changing reporting landscape as the SEC ramps up its rulemaking activities, including a final rule on cybersecurity disclosures and a proposed rule on climate change, at the 39th Annual SEC Reporting & FASB Forum.
Attendees will learn about the standard-setting agenda of the FASB and hear updates on rulemaking, interpretive guidance, frequent comments, and enforcement actions emanating from the SEC.
After completing the program, participants will be able to:
- Prepare for the SEC rule proposal: “The Enhancement and Standardization of Climate-Related Disclosures for Investors”
- Understand the current regulatory landscape and emerging issues, including the SEC’s final rule “Cybersecurity Risk Management, Strategy, Governance, and Incident Disclosure”
- Anticipate potential rulemaking from the FASB’s technical agenda, including segment reporting and disaggregation of income statement expenses
- Identify changes from the FASB on accounting for financial instruments
- Summarize accounting and reporting issues incurred with income taxes, including the FASB Exposure Draft “Improvements to Income Tax Disclosures”
- And more
CLA’s Jeff Fitzgerald will present the following session:
Accounting for Income Taxes
Thursday, November 30 | 4:30 p.m.
This panel will lay out accounting and reporting issues incurred with income taxes. After completing this session, participants will be able to:
- Summarize the FASB Exposure Draft “Improvements to Income Tax Disclosures”
- Understand ASU 2023-02 “Accounting for Investments in Tax Credit Structures Using the Proportional Amortization Method (a consensus of the Emerging Issues Task Force)”
- Learn about enacted and potential income tax changes and their impact on accounting, including BEPS Pillar II
- Examine income tax accounting issues, including:
- Valuation allowances
- Intra-period tax allocation
- Uncertain tax positions
- Interim period tax accounting