- Bachelor's of Business Administration, University of New Mexico- December 1997
- Master's of Business Administration, University of New Mexico- May 1999
- Certified Public Accountant
A graduate of the University of New Mexico, Mike served as the Office Tax Leader for CLA's Albuquerque Office until his relocation to CLA's Denver office in 2015. Mike has more than 21 years experience as a highly respected business advisor and tax consultant to entrepreneurs and their businesses. As a Managing Principal leading CLA's Individual Solutions Team, Mike's passion has been to help individuals and business owners implement strategies to minimize income, gift and estate taxes throughout his career. Mike is a proactive professional services advisor and seeks to help his clients make sound financial decisions and bring peace of mind to his clients as they navigate the increasingly complex financial and tax landscape that many businesses face today.
Mike serves clients in numerous industries, including real estate, construction, retail and many service based businesses located in New Mexico, Colorado and Texas. In addition, Mike is highly knowledgeable in specialized technical areas such as business succession planning, pass-through entity taxation (partnerships and S Corporations), retirement planning and estate and gift planning.
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Board Member, Parker Center for Family Business at the University of New Mexico's Anderson School of Business
- Member of the United Way of Central New Mexico Alexis de Tocqueville Society