Learn from leaders in all sectors of the communications and technology industry.
For 22 years, Communications Taxation has brought together the nation’s top tax professionals to address the challenging and complex domain of telecommunications taxation, regulatory compliance, and fees.
Whether you are new to communications taxes and regulatory compliance, or an industry veteran, the professionals at Communications Taxation will show you how to:
- Help lower your tax bill
- Improve compliance
- Streamline tax operations
- Proactively prepare for audits
- Better defend your company’s audit position
- Leverage case studies to help lower liabilities
- Manage digital/cloud/content offerings
- Prepare for "what's next"
Don’t miss these informative sessions with CLA professionals:
Mergers and Acquisitions
Thursday, May 4 | 1:15 – 2:15 p.m.
Doug Hoff and Joel Lennox
Tax considerations around mergers and acquisitions are important in any industry, especially in the technology and communications field. This presentation will discuss:
- Overview of transaction types
- Successor liability types, why due diligence matters
- Methods of mitigating exposures through indemnifications, escrow, contingent earnouts
- Overview of tax-free reorganization types
- Compliance considerations around M&A in the communications sector
Affordable Connectivity Program — The What's What and How To's
Friday, May 5 | 10:10 – 11 a.m.
What’s involved in order to participate in ACP and the systems used for providers? This session will provide an overview of the program and updates to the program since it started, including:
- Verifying and enrolling eligible consumers
- Claim reimbursement