Failure to adequately plan for transition is a significant risk to manufacturing companies. About half of business ownership transitions are reported to be involuntary, due to death, divorce, disability, or some other unanticipated factor. Business owners who know how to de-risk their business, build value, and improve their company’s attractiveness in the market greatly increase their chances for successful transition.
Listen in on CLA’s on-demand panel discussion to gain a better understanding of transition options and what you should be considering, whether you will be pursuing an external sale to a strategic buyer, private equity, or an internal transition to family or management. Hear from CLA professionals with industry-specific knowledge in exit planning, business readiness, and investment banking, and leave with more confidence so you can transition on your own terms.
We will explore:
- The most common transition types in M&D and the pros and cons of each
- Key areas to focus on to de-risk your business
- How to avoid common stumbling blocks in an internal succession
- How to improve attractiveness to an outside buyer
- An update on the state of the market