John has more than 24 years of experience in public accounting income tax, working almost exclusively with nonprofit healthcare organizations with a particular emphasis on hospitals and senior living entities. He is a frequent speaker, both internally and at external webinars and conferences, on various tax issues that impact the healthcare industry. Prior to joining CliftonLarsonAllen, John spent more than 13 years with â€œBig Fiveâ€ firms leading their healthcare tax practice in North and South Carolina.
- Nonprofit healthcare organizations
- Hospital and health systems tax and business issues
- Tax services
- Identification of value-added tax strategies to strengthen the tax-exempt status of tax-exempt organizations and tax strategies to help minimize tax issues negatively impacting those organizations
- Tax consultation on intermediate sanctions, unrelated business income, governance, tax-exempt bonds, executive compensation, community benefit, corporate restructuring issues, IRS examinations, and private letter rulings.
- Bachelor’s of arts from the University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee
- JD in law from Oklahoma City University of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
In the community
- NC HFMA
- LeadingAge of North Carolina