Resolving disputes, fraud, or regulatory infractions needs a strong process.
CliftonLarsonAllen provides you access to experienced professionals who are federal equity receivers and support other receivers.
What’s on your mind?
- Marshall, manage, and preserve assets
- Determine appropriate cost-effective claims bar date procedure
- Receivership liquidation and litigation
- Investor and other stakeholder claims assessment
- Check kiting, money laundering, tracing of co-mingled assets (including international)
A unique approach
Our practice is distinct in that we draw upon experienced federal equity receivers and industry specialists within CliftonLarsonAllen. As court-appointed fiduciaries, this multi-disciplinary lens gives us in-depth insight into fraud investigation, dispute resolutions, and litigation matters. We have been appointed in roles nationwide as federal and state court receivers, trustees, examiners, and other judicial assignments. We manage complex estates involving domestic and international parties and are experienced with forensic investigations, mediation and dispute resolutions, valuation reports, and expert testimony.
Selected receivership experience
- Appointed receiver by the U.S. District Court for the District of New York in SEC v. Peterson, Case No. CV12-2033 / CR 12-224. (Disgorged asset resulting from Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violation)
- Appointed receiver by the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania for a $70 million Ponzi scheme. SEC v. Joseph S. Forte and Joseph Forte LP, Case No. 09-0063-2009 and CFTC v. Joseph S. Forte, Case No. 09-0064-2009.
- Engaged by Receiver Claire Schenk, Esq., to provide tax, accounting, and forensic services for the Receivership Estates of Acartha Group, LLC, et al., SEC v. Morris, Case No. 4:12-cv-00080-CEJ.
Federal equity receivership services
- Federal and state equity receiver
- Constructive trust and claims bar analyses
- Forensic accounting and investigations
- Tax services for receivership and other judicial appointments
- Valuation of capital stock, business enterprise, intellectual property, and litigation matters
- Expert witness testimony and reports