Economy and capital markets
CLA Talks: Opportunity Zone Investments
Want to learn more about opportunity zones?
With deep experience in the real estate field and investment market, CLA is here to provide you with the latest guidance regarding opportunity zones to help you make clear investment decisions. CLA’s Clayton Bland and Jack Rybicki discuss opportunity zones and how you can decide whether they’re right for you.
- Clayton Bland, Chief Wealth Advisory Officer, CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC
- Jack Rybicki, Managing Principal of Private Capital, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
What we talked about:
- Should you consider an opportunity zone investment?
- Realized gains
- 2019 tax guidance
- COVID-19 relief related to opportunity zones
- Benefits of opportunity zone investments
- Deferral of realized gains
- Tax exemptions
- Appreciation of value on investment
- Incentive to invest in certain regions
- Community benefits
- Difference between opportunity zones and typical real estate investments
- What steps should you take to invest in an opportunity zone this year?
- Make the investment before year-end
- Amend your tax return
- Contact your wealth advisor and tax provider
The material presented here is intended to be educational in nature and should not be construed as financial advice. Such advice should be the result of a discussion with both your tax advisor and your financial advisor based on your individual circumstances. The purpose of this presentation is purely informational. It is not intended to promote any product or service and should not be relied on for accounting, legal, tax, or investment advice. The views expressed are those of CLA Wealth Advisors and intended for a broad audience. They are subject to change at any time and do not take your individual circumstances into account. Past performance does not imply or guarantee future results. Investing entails risks, including possible loss of principal. Diversification cannot assure a profit or guarantee against a loss. Investing involves other forms of risk that are not described here. For that reason, you should contact an investment professional before acting on any information in this presentation. See our full disclaimer here.