Health Care Valuation Speakers Bureau
Whether you are hosting a conference, webinar, or other program, CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) has professionals who are dedicated to health care valuation services and have extensive speaking experience. Our presenters will tailor content to your audience and industry to help make your event successful.
Our professionals can speak on:
- Commercially Reasonable and Unreasonable Physician Compensation Arrangements — This presentation will give real life examples of what makes physician compensation arrangements commercially reasonable or unreasonable. It will cover clinical, administrative, call coverage, and professional services agreements.
- The Cost Approach for Valuing Physician Practices — There has been significant debate among health care appraisers over the use of the cost approach to value health care businesses in cases where the business does not show earnings. This presentation will cover a recently published white paper from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) that attempts to settle the debate by endorsing the cost approach method for this specialized situation.
- Mergers and Acquisitions of Hospitals — It’s relatively easy to understand the transaction when a for-profit hospital acquires another for-profit hospital. But it gets complicated when a for-profit acquires a nonprofit, or two nonprofit hospitals merge. This presentation is particularly helpful for nonprofit boards that are trying to understand the transaction and what’s in it for their hospital.
- Understanding Physician Compensation — Understanding physician compensation is more challenging than you’d think. Misinterpretation can lead to unreasonable employment offers, significant underpayment or overpayment, or even violation of health care regulations. This presentation will help participants understand how to dissect physician compensation into its components (clinical, administrative, call, and benefits) in order to compare independent physicians to hospital-employed physicians, and to industry benchmarks.
- Understanding Work Relative Value — This presentation will help attorneys and financial professionals understand work relative value units including how they were developed, how they are used in compensating providers, and the advantages and pitfalls to using them in physician compensation arrangements.
- Valuing Home Health Businesses — This presentation will help you understand how home health care businesses are valued. It will cover the home health industry, the major companies, valuation benchmarks, and traditional valuation methods for valuing home health.
- Valuing Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, or Independent Living Facilities — This presentation approaches the value of these facilities from a business valuation (not real estate valuation) approach. It looks at industry standard valuation benchmarks and traditional appraisal methods. It also considers the impact when real estate or management is separate from the operating business.