There is a growing need for affordable housing, but fulfilling it is difficult in our complex economic and regulatory environment.
Our government and nonprofit professionals offer a wide range of services to help you balance your mission with economic and compliance realities.
What’s on your mind?
- Monitoring the changing regulations of government housing and tax entities
- Maintaining programs in the face of reduced funding
- Demonstrating accountability and transparency
- Proper accounting and properties converting to the Rental Assistance Demonstration Program
- Preparing for succession of key personnel
A unique approach
Demand for quality, affordable housing continues to grow, even as budgets shrink and regulatory burdens get heavier. CLA’s housing authority team is made up of active members in numerous professional housing associations, so we understand the challenges that stakeholders are facing in the industry. We apply our experience, insight, and services to every phase of a housing operation. From concept and planning through financing and long-term sustainability, we are ready to help you make a difference.
Services for housing authorities
- Audit, review, and compilation of financial statements
- Audits of component units and other related entities
- Consulting on regulatory issues including HUD and REAC
- Compliance audits (HUD, OMB Circular A-133/Uniform Grant Guidance)
- Cost certification audits and tax credit reporting (LIHTC deals)
- Employee benefit plan audit, tax, and consulting
- Human resources and search
- Internal audit
- Outsourcing for nonprofits and state and local governments
- Risk assessments
- Strategic and financial consulting
- Tax planning and compliance
- Training for audit preparation and changes in the industry