Together we’ll create opportunities
Build a legacy of educational excellence with guidance from a trusted team. We can help you navigate the specific challenges you face and uncover opportunities for your private college or university along the way.
We’re committed to addressing what matters most to you:
- Financial reporting and tax compliance
- Gainful employment, program integrity, 90/10, and other regulatory requirements
- International expansion and students
- Preparing for succession
- Successfully competing for revenue
- Adapting to declining enrollment
- Meeting increasing costs, such as health care and technology
- Protecting against threats to data, privacy, and system security
- Monitoring and mitigating risks
Experience our client-focused approach
CLA has been serving the higher education industry for more than 50 years, so we understand the challenges facing post-secondary colleges, universities, and career schools. Our CPAs and consultants are active members of national, state, and regional industry associations, including the Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities (APSCU), the American Association of Cosmetology Schools (AACS), and the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA).
Our professionals are nationally known for their insight and analysis of higher education issues, and frequently provide training to other higher education professionals and CPAs. Whether you are a small career school, a large private sector university, or something in between, a close relationship with objective advisors provides more than reports and numbers. We know you and your industry, so you benefit from deep understanding and clear insight.
Services for private colleges and universities
- Audit and assurance (including student financial aid audits)
- CLA Global Concierge Services℠
- CLA Intuition® Financial Modeling for higher education
- Cost segregation studies
- Employee benefit plan audit, tax, and consulting
- Enterprise risk management
- Grant compliance
- Internal audit, risk assessments, and evaluations
- Merger, acquisition, and sale consulting and due diligence
- Strategic, financial, and internal control consulting
- Succession planning
- Tax strategies and planning (federal, state and local, and individual)
- Wealth advisory
Securities products, merger and acquisition services, and wealth advisory services are provided by CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors LLC, a federally registered investment advisor and member FINRA, SIPC.
InsightsSee All Insights
Article 8/2/2021New Proposal Would Terminate Employee Retention Credit for Q4 2021
Article 7/27/2021Cybersecurity Compliance — Are You Accidentally Breaking the Law?
Article 7/19/2021PPP Loan Necessity Questionnaire Retired, Review Prep Still Critical
Media coverage 7/9/2021Five Tips for Sales Analysis
EventsSee all Events
Webinar 8/5/2021News from Capitol Hill, and Analyzing Post-Pandemic Inflation