Does your accounting firm have the expertise to address the range of tax issues facing both nonprofit and for-profit health care organizations?
Our health care tax practitioners work alongside our auditors and reimbursement professionals to help you develop business strategies that can result in tax advantages.
What’s on your mind?
- Understanding the tax effects in complex transactions
- Preserving your tax-exempt status
- Engaging tax professionals that understand the audit, cost reports, and the health care field
- Developing proactive tax plans
- Understanding changing health care tax laws and regulations
- Having access to responsive tax professionals
- Meeting deadlines without last minute surprises
A unique approach
Our proactive counsel helps you comply with changing regulations, and we assist you in taking advantage of the potential tax benefits afforded by law. We help hospitals, health systems, medical groups, physician practices, dentists, senior living providers, home care and hospice agencies, and health care business owners and their family members interpret complex rules and develop appropriate tax strategies. We combine our knowledge of nonprofit and for-profit tax with our broad range of health care expertise—bringing you noticeably different tax services. With more than 50 years of experience delivering traditional compliance, tax planning, and tax consulting services to health care providers, we tailor our solutions to both the business owner and the health care business.
Tax services for health care providers
- Intermediate sanctions analysis
- Risk assessments to maintain tax-exempt status
- Calculation of community benefit
- “Mock” IRS audits
- Assessment of unrelated business income tax exposure
- Assistance with the structure of joint venture arrangements
- Assistance with structuring for-profit subsidiaries
- Advisement on physician recruiting practices
- Consultation on choice of entity (personal service corporation versus S corporation versus LLC)
- Year-end tax planning and bonus calculations
- Calculation of medical expense deductions for senior living residents
- Calculation of imputed interest on refundable entrance fees
- Cost segregation studies