Embrace the revenue cycle as a tool to address cash flow and profitability.
CliftonLarsonAllen’s resources and experience can help you strengthen your hospital’s financial health by uncovering opportunities for improvement in key areas.
What’s on your mind?
- Collecting revenue and managing work flow processes
- Decreased operating margins
- Complex billing requirements
- Meeting coding and documentation requirements
- Implementing new technology (e.g., patient financial systems and electronic health records)
- Increased cost of managing denials
- Capturing charges for provided services
- Reduction in payer reimbursement
- Managing patient receivables by shifting to consumer-driven health care and high deductible plans
- Keeping staff trained on changing regulations
A unique approach
You will receive more than assessments or solutions based on theories. Our approach is rooted in analyzing revenue cycle data to identify the source of the problems and develop strategies based on best practices and available resources.
Whether you have a fully-functioning electronic health records (EHR) system, a partial EHR system, or traditional medical records, we’ll use your available data to analyze your revenue cycle processes and technology. You will also benefit from our help in developing a long-term strategy to maintain an optimal revenue cycle once the engagement is complete.
Revenue cycle assessment and improvement services for hospitals
Our end-to-end assessment of your revenue cycle will identify opportunities for process and revenue improvement in several core areas including:
- Patient encounter
- Revenue capture (data collection, billing, and chargemaster review)
- Business office (pre- and post-payment services and claims including denial management and collections)
We review processes, policies, and procedures, and apply lean techniques to identify waste in processes and improve efficiency.