Together we’ll create opportunities
Electric cooperatives have a wide range of specific needs, needs that expand beyond standard accounting services. We can help improve your organization’s resources, allowing you to provide more benefits to your members and your community.
We’re committed to addressing what matters most to you:
- Staying up to date on accounting, tax, and other financial issues
- Planning for patronage allocations and retirements
- Exploring expansion opportunities through mergers and acquisitions
- Monitoring risk
- Providing diversified services
- Increasing operational efficiency
- Maintaining short-term and long-term cash flow
- Addressing management transition issues
- Complying with federal awards, such as public assistance, mitigation, and smart grid
Experience our client-focused approach
Since electric cooperatives represent a dynamic area of accounting, they require constant attention and monitoring. We understand the challenges and opportunities facing the electric cooperative industry, and can help you structure your operations to take advantage of existing resources and control your expenses. We use our knowledge of cooperative accounting and taxation, which encompasses the changing rules, regulations, and standards that affect modern utilities.
Services for electric cooperatives
- Accounting for work order construction
- Accounting in accordance with regulations unique to electric cooperatives
- Audits of financial statements
- Deferred compensation and other retirement benefits
- Employee benefit plan audit, tax, and consulting
- Forensic accounting and audit
- Health care reform consulting
- Merger and acquisition support
- Patronage capital studies
- Tax strategies, including tax-exempt and taxable filings
Merger and acquisition services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, member FINRA and SIPC.
InsightsSee All Insights
Article 7/27/2021Cybersecurity Compliance — Are You Accidentally Breaking the Law?
Article 7/19/2021PPP Loan Necessity Questionnaire Retired, Review Prep Still Critical
Media coverage 7/9/2021Five Tips for Sales Analysis
Article 6/8/2021SOC 2 or HITRUST — Assessing Your Organization’s Data Security Risk
EventsSee all Events
Webinar 8/5/2021News from Capitol Hill, and Analyzing Post-Pandemic Inflation