Maximize your ability to provide low-cost and high-quality service to your members.
CLA’s experience serving electric cooperatives can help improve your organization’s resources, so you can provide the best benefits to your members and community.
What’s on your mind?
- Staying up to date on accounting, tax, and other financial issues
- Planning for patronage allocations and retirements
- Exploring expansion opportunities through mergers and acquisitions
- Managing risk
- Providing diversified services
- Increasing operational efficiency
- Maintaining short-term and long-term cash flow
- Addressing management transition issues
- Complying with federal awards, such as public assistance, mitigation, and smart grid
A unique approach
Electric cooperatives are a dynamic, unique area of accounting and require constant attention and monitoring. We understand the challenges and opportunities facing the electric cooperative industry, and can help structure your operations to maximize resources and control expenses.
You’ll benefit from our knowledge of cooperative accounting and taxation, including the changing rules, regulations, and standards affecting utilities.
Services for electric cooperatives
- Accounting for work order construction
- Accounting in accordance with regulations unique to electric cooperatives
- Audits of financial statements
- Deferred compensation and other retirement benefits
- Employee benefit plan audit, tax, and consulting
- Forensic and performance audits
- Health care reform consulting
- Merger and acquisition support
- Patronage capital studies
- Tax strategies, including tax-exempt and taxable filings
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.