Fully understand your business value, return on investment, and equipment utilization.
CliftonLarsonAllen construction industry professionals provide specialized operational, tax, and financial advisory services unique to civil contractors.
What’s on your mind?
- Understanding tax strategies that can increase cash flow
- Improving bonding capacity
- Determining optimal equipment utilization rates
- Increasing cash flows from the calculation of unit price metrics
- Benchmarking to increase profit
- Strategies for fleet management
- Ownership succession and wealth management
- Outsourced accounting solutions
- State and local tax rules
- Subcontractor prequalification
A unique approach
Our industry professionals have been working with civil contractors for more than 60 years and understand the unique challenges of this industry. We help owners navigate difficult issues unique to civil contractors. For instance, our relationships in the surety industry help our clients with bonding capacity and liquidity issues. Our experience with lease or buy decisions on heavy equipment can provide you with a variety of thoughtful financing alternatives. We know how to productively manage joint ventures and subcontract work. And we can help you position your company for growth or downsizing depending on the market conditions.
CLA provides professional services to more than 350 civil contractors nationwide. Our clients include contractors and suppliers who work on highway and street projects, bridges, oil and gas pipelines, railroads, underground utilities, tunnels, and water resources. Our clients' work includes public sector and private sector projects, as well as public-private partnerships. Our experience brings a wealth of resources to help you strategically grow your business.
Services for civil contractors
As a professional services firm, CliftonLarsonAllen provides a variety of services that can benefit the owners and management of privately-held civil contractors.
- Audit, assurance, and advisory services
- Benchmarking and market trend analysis
- Business valuations
- Development of equipment cost pools and overhead rates for public or private bidding
- Employee benefit plan audit, tax, and consulting
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliance
- Federal, state, local, and specialized tax planning and compliance
- IT and operational consulting including equipment profitability analysis and change order management
- Strategic ownership and management succession planning
- Telecom advisory