CliftonLarsonAllen’s construction professionals will help you identify and assess risks related to overpayment or liability in your projects.
What's on your mind?
- Managing and accounting for contracted construction projects
- Maximizing the value of your contracted services
- Evaluating and updating processes and controls to effectively manage future projects
A unique approach
Learning from the past and planning for the future are essential to the success of any construction project. Our experience brings a wealth of resources to help you manage the risks under any form of contract. Our clients include owners of capital improvement construction projects in the public and private sector, as well as public-private partnerships.
CLA can help you improve your project management using our unique combination of construction industry experience and risk management tools. We help you identify and assess the risks, and address them. With better control and management of construction spending, you may even receive a share of the cost savings.
Cost verification (project cost audit) services for construction contracts
CLA provides a variety of services to assist the owners of capital construction projects. Cost verification services are offered in two phases:
Phase I: Assess risks related to the construction accounting and project management processes.
- Identify weak controls or vulnerabilities
- Recommend process or control improvements
- Propose next steps to address identified vulnerabilities
Phase II: Quantify how vulnerabilities may affect your business.
- This is commonly called a construction audit consultation or an agreed-upon procedures engagement.
- If needed, we draw on specialized CLA teams focused on other industries or services (e.g., a construction project at a university may use CLA’s higher education professionals to incorporate funding and grant compliance into the project).
- Provide a detailed assessment of the records identifying errors or other questionable billings. These are often used in negotiations with the contractor and can result in savings to you.
InsightsSee All Insights
Article 5/4/2021Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Now Accepting Applications
Article 4/27/2021International Impacts of U.S. Tax Reform Proposals