- Hosting Speaking
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. CT
This complimentary session will provide the participants a high-level overview of the ASC 842 new lease standard. We will talk through an ASC 842 implementation from start to finish, including discussing the key elements of an implementation, common mistakes to avoid, and leading practices from both a project management and technical accounting point of view. Additionally, we will consider some example contract scenarios to assess whether they contain a lease under ASC 842.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Identify the key elements and general step-by-step process for implementing the new lease standard ASC 842
- Recognize leading practices and practical implementation tips based on “lessons learned” from other entities’ implementations
- Apply real-world example scenarios to assist in your assessment of what constitutes a lease
Who should attend
This session is designed for anyone with a basic knowledge of ASC 842 that is planning to implement or is in the process of implementing the new lease standard.
- Michael Luff, CAST Project Leader
- Travis Whitfield, CAST Engagement Director
Recommended CPE: 1.5 credits
Accounting Prerequisites: None
Program level: Overview
Advance preparation: None
Delivery method: Group Internet Based
Please register by June 18, 2021.