- Speaking Hosting
This webinar discusses planning for the next COVID-19 relief bill. We will highlight ways governmental organizations can take lessons learned from previous COVID-19 programs, and discuss proactive measures for planning new grant programs that center on innovation and impact to our communities. This event will feature panel members of your peers from across the country, sharing success stories of their COVID-19 grant programs and the lessons they learned that could apply to the next round of stimulus funding.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Discuss the latest COVID-19 relief bill and government-specific funding.
- Discuss processes for identifying, assessing, and prioritizing risks relating to COVID-19 programs, and how to align them with your organization’s goals and objectives.
- Recognize how to compare an innovative mindset with strategies that focus on compliance.
- Identify lessons learned and success stories from other COVID-19 programs through an interactive discussion with government panel members.
Who should attend
This session is designed for accounting or financial managers, controllers, accounting and reporting staff, grant program managers, board members, and other financial and programmatic decision makers in governmental organizations.
Speakers and Panelists:
- Allison Slife, Principal, CLA
- Lance Schmidt, Principal, CLA
- Jim Kreiser, Principal, CLA
- Sean Walker, Principal, CLA
- Leon Goodwin III, Town Manager, Town of Dedham, Massachusetts
- Sergio Vidal, Assistant Finance Director, City of Santa Ana, California
- Lita McHugh, CPA, CIG, CIGI, Inspector General, Polk County, Florida