- Hosting Speaking
Our annual Government Training Academy offers learning opportunities in an intensive, half-day webinar. You’ll gain knowledge and insight to help you navigate the complex accounting and financial reporting issues facing many local governments in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
During this session, participants will be briefed on the new accounting standards affecting state and local government, determine dates of implementation, outline some of the challenges related to implementation, and be updated on additional GASB projects on the horizon.
Ethical Challenges in State and Local Government
We will discuss eight important facts for fraud awareness and common fraud schemes in state and local governments. We will also discuss the ethical challenges faced by individuals in your organizations and how the ability to recognize an ethical challenge increases personal accountability and the likelihood of handling those challenges ethically
This session will discuss the current state of the U.S. economy and capital markets.
GASB 84, 90 & 97 Update
In this session we will discuss the new guidance regarding GASB’s 84, 90, and 97 and how they should be reported for financial and accounting purposes.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Outline the new accounting standards affecting state and local government accounting and reporting
- Explain implementation dates for new GASB standards
- Discuss the current economic situation in the U.S.
- Identify common red flags and indicators of fraud
- Identify how to uphold ethical behavior in your organization to prevent fraud
Who should attend:
Whether you work for a governmental entity as an accounting or financial manager, controller, accounting/reporting staff, or other financial/decision making roles, this seminar is right for you.
- Jake Lenell, Principal
- Ana Rodriguez, Manager
- Jenny Dominguez, Principal
- Peter Holupchinski, CFP®, Senior Wealth Advisor, CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC
- Kristen Houle, Director
- Miranda Wendlandt, Principal