Noon - 1:30 p.m. PT
Most nonprofit leaders agree that we need a new way to communicate about the true costs of our programs and the vital importance of strong organizational infrastructure. Taking a full-cost approach to our financial accounting, reporting, fundraising, and program strategies leads to much stronger organizations.
This Deep Dive is relevant to CEOs, EDs, CFOs, program directors, development directors, board members, and others whose roles require strategic use of financial information. The approach assumes that financial leadership is strongest when shared across the whole organization. We encourage you to bring more than one leader from more than one function of your organization.
In this interactive session, you will learn a new vision of the concept of overhead, the importance of determining the true costs of your programs, and a framework for using innovative financial approaches to guide your organization through its mission, fundraising, and operational strategies.
Together we will:
- Explore the concept of Core Mission Support and the value of accounting for True Program Costs
- Learn how to identify and communicate about underfunded programs, the limitations and challenges of narrowly restricted funding, and alternative ways to build proposal budgets and narratives that attract more flexible funding.
- Demystify financial concepts around budgeting for and reporting on your organization's financial story that may be hindering your leadership and your organization's decision-making process
- Gain access to a set of well-developed tools for re-visioning overhead, allocating costs across programs, analyzing true program costs, building full-cost budgets, and designing elegant financial systems.
- Learn how to integrate this model into your organization's financial processes, fundraising strategies, program designs, accounting systems, and software choices.