- Hosting Speaking
- Presentation Slides: PDPM Post Implementation – What is Working, What is Not
- Recording: PDPM Post Implementation – What is Working, What is Not
The new Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM) has been in place for several months and COVID-19 has created additional opportunities and challenges for skilled nursing facilities. This session will cover the key trends we are observing post-implementation. We will highlight some of the PDPM changes and how they affect the clinical practice, therapy delivery, and compliance requirements, especially during COVID-19.
At the end of this session, you will understand:
- From a therapy perspective, the change in minutes and the outcomes both pre- and post-PDPM
- Impact on cost: the margins on therapy contracts and whether providers are paying more or less per minute than before implementation
- Clinical documentation: the increase in documentation issues and the misconceptions that are causing the documentation/coding errors
- Audit perspective: the impact on revenue and how providers are tracking revenue to verify appropriate payments
Who should attend:
This session is designed for senior living providers including CEOs, CFOs, Executive Directors, clinical staff, therapists, and billing teams.
- Deb Freeland, Principal, Health Care, CLA
- Hilary Forman, Chief Clinical Strategies Officer, HealthPRO Heritage