2 – 3 p.m. CT
Update: 3/17/20 Webinar Rescheduled
As the impact of the 2019 novel coronavirus continues to unfold, we are closely following updates from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of State, and key relationships we have throughout the industry.
Understanding that the focus right now is on patient health, we are rescheduling the PDPM webinar to June 16 (originally scheduled for March 24).
The new Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM) has been in place for six months. Join us to learn about the key trends we are observing post implementation. We will highlight some of the changes with PDPM and how they affect the clinical practice, therapy delivery, and compliance requirements.
At the end of this session, you will understand:
- Impact on therapy:the change in minutes and the outcomes both pre and post PDPM
- Impact on cost: the margins on therapy contracts and whether providers are paying more or less per minute than before implementation
- Clinical documentation: the increase in documentation issues and the misconceptions that are causing the documentation/coding errors
- Audit perspective: the impact on revenue and how providers are tracking revenue to verify appropriate payments
Who should attend:
This session is designed for senior living providers including CEOs, CFOs, Executive Directors, clinical staff, therapists, and billing teams.
- Deb Freeland, Principal, Health Care
- Hilary Forman, Chief Clinical Strategies Officer, HealthPRO Heritage
Please register by June 15, 2020.
Can’t make the webinar?
Fill out the webinar registration, and you will receive an email with the webinar recording and slides following the event.
To learn more about this topic, visit our website, Patient-Driven Payment Model.