- Pasadena, CA
- Hosting Speaking
Please join us to learn and leverage new ideas to better impact the nonprofits you serve. CLA will host a complimentary nonprofit roundtable focused on fraud recognition and risks of occupational fraud facing nonprofits. In this session, participants will learn how to identify instances of fraud and what internal control activities could aid in fraud prevention and detection.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- List the eight important facts of fraud
- Discuss the latest fraud risks affecting nonprofits
- Identify actual instances of fraud that have recently occurred within nonprofit organizations
- List and describe the most common fraud schemes
- Identify common red flags and indicators of fraud
- Recognize what internal control activities could have been in place to prevent the fraud from occurring or at least detect the malfeasance earlier
Who should attend
This session is designed for directors of business services, finance, and administration for nonprofit organizations.
12:30 – 1 p.m. — Registration and lunch
1 – 1:50 p.m. — First part of session
1:50 – 2 p.m. – Break
2 – 2:50 p.m. – Second part of session
301 North Lake Avenue, Suite 900
Pasadena, CA 91101
Please RSVP to sara.pelster@CLAconnect.com by January 13, 2020.
Recommended CPE: 2 credits, Accounting
Accounting Prerequisites: None
Program level: Overview
Advance preparation: None
Delivery method: Group Live