- Appleton, WI
- Hosting Speaking
Hiring new employees for your dental practice can be tough. There is a lot to learn and little time for training.
CLA can help! Our Dentistry 101 course, taught by Kendall Butler, is designed to educate your green staff quickly so they can hit the ground running.
During the half day of training, your new team members can learn what often takes weeks or months to observe in the office. They will learn how to conduct themselves professionally on the phone, treat patients with respect and kindness, and build a strong foundation that will benefit your patients and your practice for many years to come.
At the end of this session, your new employee will understand:
- Basic dental terminology, including commonly used abbreviations
- Differences between dental specialties
- Tooth and mouth anatomy, including arches, anterior and posterior teeth, and the quadrants
- Tooth letters, numbers, and surfaces
- Preventative and restorative services
- Periodontal disease management
- Amalgam versus composite
- Block versus infiltration and various local anesthetics
- When and why a crown or root canal is the right choice
- Different types of x-rays, and why a dentist might choose one over the other
- Phone training and basic customer service techniques, including what not to say
- What questions to ask during an emergency call
Who should attend
This session is designed for new dental practice employees.
8:30 – 9 a.m. — Registration
9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — Session
CLA Appleton Office
200 East Washington Street
Appleton, WI 54911