- September 9, 16, 23 and 30
- Virtual Events
11 a.m. – 1 p.m. ET
We're excited to go virtual and expand our reach!
Join us to feed your soul and re-energize your mind as we share our appreciation for our relationships with you, by offering exclusive and stimulating opportunities for personal and professional development.
Who should attend?
This event is designed for CEOs, CFOs, controllers, financial managers, audit committee members, and other decision makers in accounting and finance.Register
- Clients - $35 per day, Promo code: CLA-Client
- Code is entered at the top of the page where you will select your sessions. Look for "Enter promo code."
- Non-clients - $50 per day
11:05 – 11:55 a.m. ET: Innovative Insights – Workplace Big Five™
Easily completed in 15 minutes or less, the WorkPlace Big Five Profile reveals an individual’s five personality supertraits and 23 subtraits that simply and clearly explain work-related behaviors found in day-to-day encounters with coworkers, employees, managers, and colleagues. Using straightforward, digestible graphs and neutral, work-centric language, the WorkPlace Big Five Profile provides the highest level of insight to participants and organizations. Attendees will receive an email to take the WorkPlace Big Five questionnaire. Confidential results will be sent to attendees prior to the session.
Administrative fees associated with questionnaires and results will be absorbed by CLA.
- Identify your five supertraits and 23 subtraits that explain day to day work behaviors
- Describe how information learned will better optimize communication
- Describe how information learned will enhance individual and team performance
- Nancy Dwyer, Director, People Solutions, CLA
1 credit available: Personal Development
Completion of a 15-minute questionnaire that will be emailed to you for the Innovative Insights – Workplace Big Five session. Results are confidential and will be shared with you prior to September 9.
12:10 – 1 p.m. ET: Ethical Decision-Making*
This session will focus on why ethics are important in business and the accounting profession, where we will discuss various types of ethical and unethical behaviors. We will explore concepts including the ladder of ethics, ethical framing, and key factors for ethical decision-making, complete with example scenarios from the corporate world.
- Recognize the need for ethics in business and the accounting profession
- Develop and Identify the ladder of ethics and how it factors into ethical decision-making
- Describe how behavioral ethics considerations apply to real-world example scenarios
- Kim Boyle, CAST Engagement Director, CLA
1 credit available: Behavioral Ethics
* Ethics Requirements
Ethical Decision-Making session (9/9) will count as 1 credit of Behavioral Ethics in the following states. If you have already met your Ethics requirement for the year, or are not licensed in one of the states below, you may still attend and receive 1 credit of CPE to apply to your general requirements. If you have a question about your specific state, please contact your specific Board of Accountancy. AK, AR, CT, DC, Guam, HI, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MD, MA, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OK, PA, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, WV, WI
11:05 – 11:55 a.m. ET: Tax Trends and Policy Updates from Around the World
The global and U.S. tax landscape continue to evolve in 2020, with a focus on transparency, fair allocation of profits, and taxation of the digital economy as the historic tax rules for taxing a brick and mortar economy are being put to the test. As the global tax rules race to catch up to the digital economy, countries are either participating in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development’s (OECD) initiative on taxing the digital economy or taking unilateral action. Jurisdictions across the globe continue to pass significant tax reform related to corporate and value-added taxes, similar to the tax reform previously undertaken by the U.S. in late 2017. With the U.S. presidential election only months away, there is a question as to what this means from a tax perspective for U.S. businesses and individuals given we are still waiting for some regulatory guidance and answers to questions from the most significant tax reform in the last 30 years. Join CLA for a whirlwind tour around the globe where we will share our insight related to these significant tax policy changes impacting multinational companies.
- Identify corporate and VAT trends from key jurisdictions around the world
- Recognize unilateral and multilateral efforts around taxation of the digital economy
- Discuss the potential shift in U.S. tax policy based on the presidential candidates’ plans
1 credit available: Taxes
12:10 – 1 p.m. ET: Data Privacy Trends
A session to provide you with knowledge in the major privacy and data protection laws and regulations in the U.S. and globally. The future of privacy and inherent business implications will also be discussed.
- Develop and identify the data protection and privacy legislations enacted to date
- Recognize the potential future changes to data protection and privacy legislation and the implications to organizations both domestic and global
- Identify the potential consequences of noncompliance
- Kadian Douglas, Cybersecurity Principal, CLA
1 credit available: Information Technology
11:05 – 11:55 a.m. ET: Synergy — High Performing, Cohesive Teams Always Win
Former NBA player Eric Montross will lead a discussion about personal experiences in athletic competition and their direct carryover into the workplace; particularly focused on teambuilding, goal setting, hard work, finding success, and dealing with failure.
- Recognize personal and professional motivators gained from inspiring experiences
- Identify effective leadership strategies when working with a team
- Describe motivational tactics facilitated in both personal and professional environments
- Eric Montross, Major Gift Director, Educational Foundation Inc, Color Analyst, Tar Heel Sports Network, 1993 NCAA National Champion, 10 year NBA Veteran.
1 credit available: Personal Development
12:10 – 1 p.m. ET: Resilience — Find Your D.I.G. 2020
JoJo Polk created a mantra; taken in part from a former coach who always yelled, “Dig!” “It really motivated me but I had to figure out how to make it my own, so I came up with Determination, Intensity, Guts. That really embodied what I was going through at the time.” JoJo explains, almost tearing up, that there were days where he wanted to quit. After experiencing a catastrophic injury, he questioned his ability to continue his focus on recovery — it was just too hard. DIG kept him going. “No matter what you want to do in life you have to have the determination to start and the intensity to hustle hard. But the key, is guts. It’s going to get hard, there are going to be times where you don’t want to do it anymore, but are you going to have the guts to push through it?”
- Recognize strategies for increasing resilience and determination
- Identify traits within one's self to persevere during times of personal and professional adversities
- Recognize the ability to overcome obstacles and achieve goals in a dynamic way
- JoJo Polk, former professional athlete, Owner, CORE Fitness Studio
1 credit available: Personal Development
This session will explore the power of being fully engaged and how to eliminate toxic, unpleasant energy for more positive, pleasant energy, where we are likely to be most efficient, most successful, and most happy.
- Discuss how to balance stress and recover to achieve high performance
- Recognize energy, not time, is our most precious resource
- Identify energy creation and energy depletion
- Identify steps to take to improve overall well-being, productivity, energy management and level of engagement (personal and professional)
- Sarah Turner, Principal, The Faurote Group
2 credits available: Personal Development
Recommended CPE: Up to 8 credits available (5 credits Personal Development, 1 credit Behavioral Ethics, 1 credit Taxes, 1 credit Information Technology)
Program level: Overview
Advance preparation: None
Delivery method: Group Internet Based