- Normal, IL
- Hosting Speaking
Update: 3/16/20 Event Canceled
As the impact of the 2019 novel coronavirus continues to unfold, we are closely following updates from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of State, and key relationships we have throughout the industry.
In the interest of everyone’s health and safety, we are cancelling the Illinois Agribusiness Summit.
Keeping pace with agribusiness and the issues that impact your organization is a full-time job. Join us and our industry professionals as we bring some of these issues into focus. Register now for this complimentary event, and find out what’s new and important for your elevator or cooperative.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Point out cybersecurity awareness and readiness issues and identify effective cybersecurity strategies
- Interpret the impact of new fertilizer and chemical regulations on agribusiness operations
- Assess the state of the national agribusiness economy and learn best practices for responding to changes in the economy
- Evaluate the impact of current tax regulations on your organization
- Identify your preparedness for mergers and acquisitions, from pre-transaction concerns to impact on the balance sheet
Who should attend
This session is designed for board members, CFOs, controllers, CEOs, and future leaders of your organizations.
- Lee Painter, Principal, CLA
- Jean Payne, President, Illinois Fertilizer & Chemical Association
- Jeff Brandenburg, Managing Principal of Industry, CLA
- Rebecca Smith, Director, CLA
- Chuck Davis, Managing Partner, Brown, Hay & Stephens, LLP
- Harvey M. Stephens, Partner, Brown, Hay, & Stephens, LLP
8:30 – 9 a.m. — Registration and continental breakfast
9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. — Session includes Cybersecurity Update, Fertilizer and Chemical Regulatory Update, and Agribusiness Around the Country
12:15 – 1:15 p.m. — Lunch Provided
1:15 – 3:25 p.m. — Session includes Agribusiness Tax Update and Mergers & Acquisitions: Price, People, Process, and Poor Records
Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
201 Broadway Avenue
Normal, IL 61761
Please register by March 27, 2020.
Recommended CPE: 5 credits (1 credit information technology, 3 credits specialized knowledge, 1 credit taxes)
Program level: Basic
Advance preparation: None
Delivery method: Group Live