- Milwaukee, WI
- Hosting Speaking
Many tax-exempt organizations are running into challenges when it comes to complying with numerous provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. With little guidance from the U.S. Treasury, plus the possibility of additional legislative action, there are many unanswered questions, including how to address state tax considerations.
Join CLA for a complimentary interactive session to discuss the most up-to-date guidance on many federal and state tax issues facing exempt organizations. Topics include: unrelated business income, taxable versus nontaxable sales, use of sales tax exemptions, online activities, multi-state payroll tax compliance, and more.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Identify what creates nexus for state tax
- Define which state tax types are applicable to nonprofits
- Discuss the effects of South Dakota v. Wayfair on nonprofit sales tax collection
- Explain what it takes to comply with state withholding regimes
- Identify fringe benefits effects on UBI
- Identify areas of the latest tax reform laws that will affect your organizations filings
Who should attend
This session is designed for executive directors, CFOs, board members, and finance or accounting professionals.
- Sarah Evans, Director
11:30 a.m. – noon — Registration and lunch
Noon – 2 p.m. — Session
CLA Milwaukee Office
10401 West Innovation Drive, Suite 300
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Please register by July 19, 2019.
Recommended CPE: 2 credits, taxes
Prerequisites: Knowledge of nonprofit operations
Program level: Overview
Advance preparation: None
Delivery method: Group live