- 6/17/2019 – 6/18/2019
- Chicago, IL Naperville, IL
- Hosting Speaking
Registration now open. Limited seating available!
Hackers continue to get more and more sophisticated, and they aren’t targeting only financial institutions or huge corporations. Organizations of any size and any industry are targets – the easier to breach, the more likely the target. So let’s try to make your organization less attractive to hackers.
Join us for hands-on training to help combat the latest cybersecurity tactics. We include the latest information on attack trends, recent crimes such as the Equifax breach, compliance requirements, and methods to mitigate those risks.
We will have a Microsoft Windows computer ready for each participant loaded with a variety of common, easy-to-use auditing and security assessment tools. We'll walk through how to identify weak or default configuration settings, and provide recommendations for strengthening security, audit, and monitoring settings. You'll also learn how to use automated tools to make IT audits more efficient.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Recognize and understand common hacker attack methods, privilege escalation scenarios, and how to identify the simple controls that need to be enabled.
- Effectively use the demonstrated tools to identify vulnerable systems
- Develop audit and hardening procedures to periodically perform as part of your normal IT implementation, administration, and audit processes
Who should attend
This session is ideal for IT system administrators, managers, and auditors, and other individuals responsible for IT operations and security.
- Mark Eich, Principal, Cybersecurity
- Kevin Higgins, Senior, Cybersecurity
- John Simonelli, Senior, Cybersecurity
Choice of dates and locations
The same presentation will be given at each location.
Tuesday, June 18
The Conference Center at One North Wacker
One North Wacker 2nd Floor
Wednesday, June 19
Northern Illinois University – Naperville
1120 E Diehl Road
8 – 8:15 a.m. — Registration
8:15 a.m. – noon — Session
Noon – 1:30 p.m. — Lunch
1:00 – 4:00 p.m. — Session
Please register by June 10, 2019.