- Speaking Hosting
- Presentation Slides: Prepare Now for a Ransomware Attack
Ransomware attacks continue to ensnare organizations across the country, holding businesses and their computer systems hostage until a ransom is paid. Targets include state and local government agencies, corporations, health care organizations, and individuals. While no IT operations are completely safe, there are steps you can take to make your systems less vulnerable and make an attack less devastating.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Identify the common gaps in your operations that hackers may use to infiltrate your IT systems
- Assess your policies and procedures to reduce the chances that your organization will become a ransomware victim
- Develop strong network segmentation and backup processes to limit the damage that can occur if your organization is attacked.
- Randy Romes, Principal, Cybersecurity