- Charlotte, NC
- Speaking Sponsoring Attending
Trade and finance connections between the United States and the United Kingdom are significant. In fact, it is the largest bilateral investment relationship in the world. More than 40,000 U.S. firms export to the U.K. and more than 7,500 have operations there. Join CLA, the British-American Business Council, and other panelists including U.K.-based Smith & Williamson for a lunch event where we’ll discuss ways to identify opportunities and navigate the challenges of expanding into the UK.
During this session, we will discuss:
- Market regulations and business practices
- What to expect after Brexit
- Tax system and banking in the U.K.
- Cultural differences and hiring in the U.K.
Who should attend
This session is designed for business owners and professionals operating in or considering expansion into the U.K.
- Alistair Shaw, Partner, Smith & Williamson
- Stephen Drew, Regional Managing Partner, Smith & Williamson
- Mike Smith, Principal, CLA
- Patrick Strubbe, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
- Patrick Weaver, Manager International Banking, First National Bank
11:30 – noon — Registration and lunch
Noon – 1:30 p.m.— Panel and Q&A
BABC members — $25
Non-members — $35
Charlotte City Club
121 W. Trade Street Suite 3100
Charlotte, NC 28202
Please register by October 8, 2019.
Contact Sarah Peeler at email@example.com or 704-968-3166.