- Seattle, WA
- Hosting Speaking
In June 2018, the U.S. Department of Treasury provided a full list of designated tracts of land under the new Opportunity Zone tax incentive. Since then, Governor Jay Inslee has approved 139 census tracts in Seattle and the surrounding Puget Sound region, including South Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia. This new program is designed to bring investment and development into the region, providing opportunities for more than 160,000 citizens to reap the benefits.
Join CLA’s Matt Drinen, BISNOW, and a panel of speakers for a deep-dive into the Opportunity Zones program to learn more about the new incentives.
During this session, we will cover:
- Opportunity Zones and Qualified Opportunity Zone Funds
- How Opportunity Zones can spur economic development in the Puget Sound region
- How do Opportunity Zones in the Puget Sound region differ from other parts of the country
- Which type of real estate tracts in Washington are the most desirable
- What benefits and challenges do the regulation create for investors
- Matt Drinen, Director, Tax Credit Services, CLA
- Peter Nitze, President and CEO, Nitze-Stagen
- Tim Shoultz, Co-Founder and CEO, SMARTCAP Group
- Bill Truax, Founder, Galena Opportunity Fund
- Allen Alley, Co-founder, Obsidian Opportunity Fund
- Chuck Depew, Director, National Development Council
- Gregory Genovese, Principal and President, Sound West Realty Capital
- Maiko Winkler-Chin, Executive Director, Seattle Chinatown International District Preservation and Development Authority
- Roger Valdez, Director, Seattle for Growth
7:30 – 8:30 a.m. — Coffee, breakfast and networking
8:30 – 9:15 a.m. – Opportunity Zones 101
9:15 – 10:00 a.m. – Opportunity Zone Tracts in Seattle and Puget Sound
10:00 – 10:30 a.m. – Networking
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Paris Ballroom, Lobby Level
1101 Fourth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
Please register by March 19, 2019.
Use discount code CS20FSMNDO for 20% off the price of admission.