- 8/5/2019 – 8/6/2019
- Atlanta, GA
- Exhibiting Speaking
CLA is exhibiting and speaking at the Boys & Girls Clubs of America Finance and HR Exchange from August 6 – 7, 2019 in Atlanta, GA. This conference brings together professionals to discuss the latest techniques and products impacting the youth-development field.
Please join our speaking sessions:
Retention Strategies During the Current Talent Shortage
4:10 – 5 p.m.
- Define retention techniques for top performers
- Describe a positive-intent framework for all employees
- Explain how to build a dynamic culture
Speaker: Octavia Gilmore, CLA
CPE: 1 credit, Personnel/Human Resources
Governing Nonprofits: Navigating with Excellence in Unpredictable Times
11:10 a.m. – Noon
- Explain the necessity of “Next Gen Governance for a Next Gen World”, and leading practices for navigating your organization to ensure healthy direction: Clear Mission, Aligned Strategy, Managed Risk, and Strong Controls.
- Identify the approach for enhancing and aligning strategic planning, board governance, and risk management as a critical success factor for organizational performance excellence.
- Recognize the concept of Enterprise (Strategic) Risk Management and its strategic value and necessity to ensure healthy direction and achievement of organizational mission and strategy.
- Describe how improving your risk management capabilities (such as strong risk assessment, prioritization, and action planning) and outcomes (at both the management and governance levels) impacts your current and future health and success as an organization.
Speaker: Bill Bojan, CLA
CPE: 1 credit Specialized Knowledge
Buy or Lease? Campaign or Borrow? Choosing the Right Facility Strategy
1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Identify strategies and approaches to choosing whether to buy or lease a facility, and whether to launch a capital campaign, borrow, or seek new market tax credits to finance a new facility
- Identify financial considerations of buying or leasing or using new market tax credits
- Recognize new FASB accounting standards as they relate to facilities leases and nonprofit finances
- Identify where and how to apply the new standards when considering the choice of how to meet facilities needs
Speakers: Curt Klotz, CLA, Roger McCoy, Vice President/CFO, Boys & Girls Clubs Greater Kansas City, and Will Penny, CFO, Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area
CPE: 1.5 credits Specialized Knowledge
Finance Function Dysfunction? Assessing and Improving Your Financial Operations
2:40 – 3:30 p.m.
- Identify transformation opportunities for a Finance division
- Identify steps you can take to start or complete an assessment of your organization’s finance and accounting functions
- Recognize how this approach helped manufacturing and distribution companies increase efficiency and effectiveness
Speaker: Molly Williams, CLA
CPE: 1 credit Finance
Recommended CPE can be found in each session description
Program level: Overview
Advance preparation: None
Delivery method: Group Live