- Hosting Speaking
- Presentation Slides: Familiarizing Yourself with CPT Coding Updates for 2020
Prepare for the new year by reviewing the updated CMS revised Evaluation and Management (E/M) documentation guidelines. During this complimentary webinar, we presented a high-level overview of the nearly 400 new CPT codes that will take effect in 2020, and review changes, deletions, and revisions for existing codes.
This session covered:
- The CMS revised E/M guidance effective January 1, 2020, the anticipated changes for 2021, and how your organization can prepare for these changes.
- The radiology code changes for 2020 with SPECT codes, bundling of Gastrointestinal (GI) codes, and others.
- Deletions and additions to the electroencephalography codes (EEG)
- New codes and changes to existing codes in the health and behavioral assessments.
- Digital communication tools, e-visits, and home-based services for patients.
Sandy Giangreco Brown, Director of Coding and Revenue Integrity