- 9/24/2018 – 9/25/2018
- Wisconsin Dells, WI
- Speaking Attending
CLA joined community bankers from around the state of Wisconsin to focus on Security, Technology Operations and IT Security. Our information security leader, Randy Romes, presented on the subject of cyber security breaches and how to respond.
Cyber Security Breaches Will Happen – Be Prepared: Elements of an Effective Incident Response Program
Financial Institutions are progressively becoming key targets of security breaches. Successful breaches usually result in interference with operations, financial loss and identity theft. Current FFIEC guidance requires financial institutions to develop and test an incident response program.
In this session we discussed how to recognize, react, and respond to a security breach. Participants will:
- Understand frequently missing key control elements that can mitigate the risks of a breach
- Recognize key controls necessary to limit the effectiveness of email phishing campaigns
- Recognize how your institution can become infected and affected by Ransomware
- Define key elements of an incident response program
- Review case studies from actual breach situations
Randy Romes, Information Security Services Group