- Chicago, IL
- Speaking Hosting
Please join us for our Spring 2018 Nonprofit Update. We will be covering the following topics:
- How Will Tax Reform Impact Your Organization? — We’ll discuss the tax reform implications for nonprofit organizations. The new law has many wondering where to turn for timely information, analysis, and guidance.
- Give Your Grant Compliance Program a Checkup — This session addresses the challenges of ensuring compliance with grant requirements. Together, we’ll cover internal controls over compliance, procurement requirements, subrecipient monitoring requirements, required policies and procedures, and some best practices for grant management.
- To Allocate or Not to Allocate — With the new nonprofit reporting standards coming soon, it’s time to review how costs are allocated to program service, management and general, and fundraising. In this session we will review the current reporting requirements and discuss changes that will soon be effective for all nonprofits. We will also discuss guidelines for functional expense reporting and common approaches used to allocate costs among functional categories.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Identify changes that will affect nonprofit organizations, including executive compensation, unrelated business income tax, higher education endowment income, taxation of fringe benefits, event tickets, and tax-exempt bonds
- Discuss best practices for grant management
- Explain how to properly allocate expenses
Who should attend
This session is ideal for CFOs, controllers, financial managers, board members, and other decision makers at nonprofit organizations.
- Jim Thomas, Principal
- Melissa Struck, Principal
- Christopher Manderfield, Principal
- Chuck Kozlik, Principal
- Ashley Barsema, Manager
8:30 – 9 a.m. — Registration
9 – 10 a.m. — How Will Tax Reform Impact Your Organization?
10 – 11 a.m. — Give Your Federal Grant Compliance Program a Checkup
11 a.m. – noon — To Allocate or Not to Allocate
Noon – 1 p.m. — Lunch
The Conference Center at One North Wacker
One North Wacker Drive, Second Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
Can’t make our event?
We’d love to see you in person. However, if you can’t make it this time, visit our calendar to view all of our events, including upcoming webinars and past event materials.
Recommended CPE: 3 credits (1 Accounting, 2 Finance)
Program level: Overview
Advance preparation: None
Delivery method: Group Live