- Hosting Speaking
The governing boards of most public housing authorities (PHAs) include locally elected officials, citizen volunteers, and community members. These individuals often come from a variety of professional and personal backgrounds — which don’t always include housing. In light of this, it can be challenging for a PHA’s executive leaders to bring their board members up to speed so they can effectively contribute and make a real impact in their governing roles.
This complimentary one-hour webinar, educated PHA board members on governance and financial topics, such as:
- Accountability and fiduciary responsibilities
- Governance vs. management
- Reading and interpreting monthly reports and financial statements
- Financial indicators that matter most
- Effectiveness and efficiency of internal staff