- Hosting Speaking
In 2018, quality still accounts for 50 percent of the total composite score for the merit-based incentive payment system (MIPS), which makes it even more important to choose quality measures that are meaningful and that reflect your patient population. With hundreds of measures to choose from and multiple methodologies with which to report this data, quality measure selection is essential to MIPS reporting.
This webinar focused on choosing impactful measures by specialty, explained how they tie to the cost category, and, ultimately, demonstrated how performance on the selected measures could translate to an improved incentive payment in 2020.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
• Describe the difference between a process and outcome measure
• List multiple quality measure selection options
• Explain how quality and cost work together
• Summarize key concepts in selecting the best quality measures in 2018
This is the second webinar of a four-part series. Watch for invites to our future webinars:
• MIPS Cost: The Most Important MIPS Category?
• Beyond MIPS Reporting – Planning for Long-Term Value-based Success Under MACRA
• A recording to our first webinar, MACRA Final Rule and the Quality Payment Program, Year Two — Focus on the Changes, can be found here.