- Chicago, IL
- Hosting Speaking
Please join CLA for our complimentary fall nonprofit update. We will be covering the following topics:
State and local tax update for nonprofits — We’ll discuss sales tax implications for nonprofits due to the recent Wayfair ruling, and outline steps to navigate the new state sales tax landscape.
Audit and accounting update - We’ll discuss new accounting standards impacting nonprofits, and recommend steps to prepare for implementation.
Cybersecurity/IT penetration testing – We’ll review what’s going on now in cybersecurity, describe current threats, and review strategies to help you manage and mitigate risk.
Who should attend
This session is designed for CFOs, controllers, financial managers, board members, and other decision makers at nonprofit organizations.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Identify changes that will affect nonprofit organizations in response to the recent Wayfair ruling, including more complicated state sales tax
- Describe the new accounting standards affecting nonprofits and implementation of those standards
- Discuss the state of cybersecurity for nonprofits and how to manage risks and threats Who should attend This session is designed for CFOs, controllers, financial managers, board members, and other decision makers at nonprofit organizations.
- Melissa Struck, Principal
- Christopher Manderfield, Principal
- Mark Eich, Principal
- Kathleen Thies, Director
8:30 – 9 a.m. — Registration
9 – 10 a.m. — State and local tax update for nonprofits
10 – 11 a.m. — Audit and accounting update
11 a.m. – noon — Cybersecurity/IT penetration testing
Noon – 1 p.m. — Lunch
Conference Center at One North Wacker
One North Wacker Drive Second Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
Please register by October 22, 2018.
Can’t make our event?
Check out our event calendar to see what else is happening.
Recommended CPE: 3 credits, 1 credit Accounting, 1 credit Specialized Knowledge, 1 credit Taxes
Program level: Overview
Advance preparation: None
Delivery method: Group Live