- Chicago, IL
- Hosting Speaking
With increased scrutiny over financial performance and reporting, greater accountability to the public trust, and rapid growth in the complexity of the programs and revenue sources, leaders in associations and membership organizations face a range of challenges to keep their organizations running smoothly.
Now is the time for innovative ideas that engage people and build for the future. CLA and other financial executives in Chicago collaborated on timely issues that are challenging associations and membership organizations.
CLA professionals gave presentations at the conference about a range of issues:
- The CFO as a Business Model Strategist
- Keynote Address: Fall Legislative Schedule 2017: Indian Summer or Early Winter?
- Using Dashboards to Tell Your Financial Story
- Accounting Update
- Is Your 990 Telling the Full Story?
2017 Conference Information
500 West Madison, 6th Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60661
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Summarize the proposed changes and impact to new accounting standards and discuss how to apply the revenue recognition standard
- Recognize tax, public relations, contract issues and other aspects of sponsorship
- Identify and speak to key findings on your Form 990
- Develop a mock dashboard that tells your association’s story
- Discuss CFO opportunities as a business model strategist
- Outline what’s happening in Washington right now and how that might that impact associations and their members
8:15 – 8:45 a.m. — Continental Breakfast
8:45 – 9 a.m. — Opening Remarks
Speaker: Nat Bartholomew, Principal, CliftonLarsonAllen
9 – 9:50 a.m. — Time to Re-examine Your Sponsorships
Speaker: Paula Cozzi Goedert, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg
CPE: 1 Credit, Taxes
9:50 – 10 a.m. — Break
10 – 11:40 a.m. — The CFO as a Business Model Strategist
Speaker: Jeff De Cagna, Executive Advisor, Foresight First LLC
CPE: 2 Credits, Management Advisory Services
11:40 a.m. – 12:35 p.m. — Lunch
12:35 – 1:50 p.m. — Keynote Address: Fall Legislative Schedule 2017: Indian Summer or Early Winter?
Speaker: Jim Clarke, Senior Vice President of Public Policy, ASAE
CPE: 1.5 Credits, Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Clarke will recap the first nine months of the year, and offer a forecast into what to expect from the White House and Congress in the next few months. Included will be an analysis of the current and upcoming legislative agenda and how it might affect associations. He’ll also look at wins and losses for both parties and their likely strategies for legislative progress.
1:50 – 2:40 p.m. — Using Dashboards to Tell Your Financial Story
Speaker: Lisa Stover, Manager, CliftonLarsonAllen
CPE: 1 Credit, Finance
2:40 – 2:55 p.m. — Break
2:55 – 3:45 p.m. — Accounting Update
Speaker: Cathy Clarke, Principal, CliftonLarsonAllen
CPE: 1 Credit, Accounting
3:45 – 5 p.m. — Is Your 990 Telling the Full Story?
Speaker: David Trimner, Principal, CliftonLarsonAllen
CPE: 1.5 Credits, Taxes
5 – 6 p.m. — Reception