8 a.m. to noon PT
This complimentary virtual event takes place from morning to afternoon and offers learning opportunities in a four-hour session. You’ll gain knowledge and insight to help you navigate the complex accounting, financial reporting, and operational issues facing governmental entities.
Who should attend
This session is designed for accounting or financial managers, controllers, accounting and reporting staff, grant program managers, governing members, and other financial decision makers in governmental entities.
Schedule and session descriptions
Welcome and housekeeping items.
Recommended CPE: 1 credit Information Technology
Presenter: James Kreiser, Principal, CLA
This session will focus on current trends and cases regarding cybersecurity events and “breaches”. We will discuss the causes, the types of attacks occurring, and the risks and vulnerabilities that enable many of the events. Finally, we will review reasonable measures that all employees within an organization can take to help be part of the mitigation and “security” of cyber events and risks.
- Identify current trends and key risks regarding cybersecurity
- Discuss recent cybersecurity events and case studies
- Determine types of “attacks”
- Identify reasonable and simple measures to mitigate cybersecurity risks
We will discuss important facts and concepts related to fraud awareness and prevention to help you and your agency know what red flags and indicators to watch out for. We will also discuss recent fraud cases and current fraud trends with state and local governments.
- List the 8 important facts of fraud
- Identify recent cases of fraud in state and local governments
- Describe current fraud trends and risks
- Identify key concepts in fraud awareness
Update on upcoming GASB pronouncements.
- Identify how upcoming GASB pronouncements, specifically GASB 84 and GASB 87, will impact your entity
- Recognize how CLA can help your implantation process
Summary of latest guidance issued by U.S. Department of Treasury on the CSLFRF - Interim Final Rule and FAQs.
- Identify the eligible uses of the CSLFRF
- Identify the reporting requirements of the CSLFRF
Please register by July 28, 2021.
You will receive your webinar link in your confirmation email after registering.
1 credit Information Technology
3 credits Accounting (Governmental)
Program level: Overview
Advance preparation: None
Delivery method: Group Internet Based
Can’t make it?
Check out our event calendar to see what else is happening.