As data breaches continue to make the headlines, organizations are challenged to maintain consumer confidence in their ability to recognize, react, and respond to intrusions in order to safeguard confidential information and transactions. A core component of cybersecurity risk management is a well-designed incident response program that supports the organizations business needs. This session summarizes up to date information on the latest cybersecurity risks and how breaches occur. We will explore governance and compliance frameworks and current practices for the business to define and manage an incident response program.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Describe the latest developments in ransomware and account take over attacks
- Give examples from case studies about recent intrusions, breaches, and lessons learned from each case study
- Describe key risks and controls to mitigate and respond to breaches in Office 365
- Describe the aspects of the “Cybersecurity Kill Chain”
- Define key strategies to test the organization’s Incident Response program
- Randy Romes, Principal, Cybersecurity