Maria Tsennykh, Ph.D., has more than 17 years of experience in valuation, forensics, litigation, investigations and audit, including serving as an expert witness and 11 years at a Big Four firm. In addition, having worked on two continents, she combines her economic, accounting, corporate finance, valuation and investigation backgrounds to advise clients on a variety of complex circumstances in the U.S. and internationally. Her experience includes damages analysis, assessment of corporate governance practices and internal controls, business and intangible assets valuation, and international arbitration advisory. She also regularly directs large-scale financial investigative assignments including forensic accounting investigations, financial fraud investigations, financial reporting investigations, white-collar crime investigations, corporate governance investigations and investigations involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
Maria holds a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in economics and a master's degree in world economics and international economic relations (foreign equivalent) from Plekhanov Russian University of Economics in Moscow, Russia, with highest honors. Maria is also a Fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) in the United Kingdom.
She has authored several articles for publication in journals such as Global Investigations Review (GIR), ACAMS Today and Consulting Magazine, and she has been featured prominently in various news publications, including The Sunday Times and ACFE Insights.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Economics, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Moscow
- MA and BA in World Economics and International Economic Relations, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Moscow
- The Chartered Certified Accountant, The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), London
In the community
- Fellow, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), London, United Kingdom
- ProVisors, New York Chapter, Group 8 (Executive Committee Member)
- CHIEF, private membership network focused on connecting and supporting women executive leaders, New York (Member since 2021)
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion ambassador in New York at CLA.