Utica College of Syracuse University, University of Colorado at Boulder, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, Vermont Law School
- Responsible for leading the regulatory compliance practice nationwide.
- Assists financial institutions in establishing regulatory compliance programs, conducting compliance testing, training staff on regulations, and performing website compliance assessments.
- Writes and edits the compliance newsletter, conducts compliance webinars, and regularly publishes timely regulatory content on CLA’s financial institutions blog.
- Frequent speaker at financial institutions’ industry conferences and state associations and programs. Invited to speak on topics ranging from regulatory compliance trends to BSA/AML/OFAC issues, compliance management to marketing and website compliance.
- Prior to joining CliftonLarsonAllen, John was managing director at RSM McGladrey. He led a national financial institution compliance practice, developed work programs, managed engagements, and consulted directly with clients. John performed on-site compliance testing, reviewed marketing materials for compliance, conducted compliance training, developed compliance programs and compliance management systems and performed BSA/AML/OFAC compliance testing, provided compliance webinars, and conducted website compliance tests.
- Prior to working at McGladrey, John was employed as the compliance officer of a large financial institution where he developed and implemented their first regulatory compliance program.