BS, emphasis in Geriatrics & Facility Management (1999)
MBA, emphasis in Healthcare Administration & Management (2012)
Randi has more than 20 years of experience in various health care roles, including revenue cycle, administration, and consulting. As an experienced consultant, she has a long history of cultivating strong working relationships with providers, ancillary staff, and health care executives. Randi concentrates her efforts in working with independent and hospital-based physician groups to improve revenue by increasing productivity and office efficiency, as well as billing & coding compliance. She has worked with and guided many practices into successfully streamlining their billing processes - by working with clients to assure accurate billing practices are in place and are specifically adapted to each practice.
She ran a successful medical billing office for 17 years, which focused on physician billing and handled over 20 different specialties throughout the years. Prior to that she worked in the Long Term Care and Assisted Living markets for 10 years. She left that market as the Director of Senior Services, overseeing Independent Senior Housing, Assisted Living, Memory Loss, Adult Day Care and Child Care services all in one setting.
She enjoys the challenge of the Revenue Cycle process, and has been able to help reorganize practices with long histories of ineffective processes dramatically increasing their reimbursements and helping them achieve Gold Standard levels of performance, increasing their collections by as much as 35%.
Specific experience includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Revenue Cycle Assessments for productivity, procedures, compliance, efficiency and increased reimbursement
- Management oversight for the turnaround situation, including staffing, teamwork, and operations reorganization of the Business Office
- Extensive background in various carrier protocols and guidelines
- Dramatically improving Practice Management System productivity by reviewing the functionality of the current system
- Training & Education: Onsite for Business Office Staff (registration, authorizations, scheduling, billing); as well as Work Groups within the Industry related to Revenue Cycle Needs
- Assessing physician practices for privacy and security and implementing HIPAA compliance plans
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- Minnesota Medical Group Management Association
- National Health Care Leaders Association
- St. Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce
- American Health Information Management Association’s (AHIMA) Regional Conference Speaker (2010)
- Health Information Technology (HIT), Rasmussen College Graduation Keynote Speaker (2009)
- Regular Contributor of Educational Articles to many State & National specialty associations