- Masters of Arts, Business – Programs in Health Management, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Bachelor of Science, Medical Technology, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Bachelor of Arts, Biological Sciences, Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, Massachusetts
Kassie has over 25 years of experience leading and consulting in healthcare operations and system implementations. She has been an operations leader within an integrated health care system and has assisted various physician practice clients as they transition operations and adopt digital technology through electronic medical records, practice management and patient engagement implementations. Her work at CLA often involves revenue cycle and practice assessments identifying opportunities related to staffing models, efficiency of workflows and use of digital technology for performance improvement. Kassie increasingly focuses on the importance of patient access initiatives including operation of contact centers, access to care, registration, scheduling, pre-visit functions and patient financial responsibility.
- Served as Director of Operations and led all clinic support services and facility operations within health system.
- Led patient access initiatives involving improvements in workflows for registration, scheduling and patient collections
- Introduced technologies including patient portals and patient intake systems to improve efficiencies in pre-visit processes and time of service collections.
- Improved service reliability by implementing contact centers and 24/7 nurse triage
- Provided project management and leadership for various client initiatives
- Performed assessments of the current state of practice operations and developed action plans
- Guided teams to define key performance metrics and analytics to measure the outcomes and success of initiatives
- Analyzed, reviewed and designed staffing models to support practice transformation
- Led systems adoption in both ambulatory and inpatient settings
- Supported relationship-building between physicians and practice leadership to solve operational challenges and build trust
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- Certified Project Manager (PMP/PMI)
- Fellow in American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPE)
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Certified Medical Technologist (MT - ASCP)
- Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (HFMA)