- Minnesota School of Business, Minneapolis, MN, Honor Graduate
- University of St. Thomas Risk Leadership Initiative - Advisory Board (2017-2019)
Mary is the Director of Business Risk Services, serving as an advisor and consultant in the areas of risk management, governance and strategy. With over 25 years' experience in several Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and risk management roles at national and international firms, she has worked both inside organizations and externally as a consultant. This experience has provided her a view of risk from many perspectives. Her passion is to improve cross functional communications and utilize strategic business objectives to drive performance at all levels in an organization.
Over the course of her career, Mary has delivered & facilitated practical approaches to implement and improve a sustainable risk management process, focused on industry and company specific outcomes. She has designed best practice ERM methodologies, tools and templates. Mary has been awarded the Industry Leader, Women in Business from the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal and the Top Woman in Finance by the Finance and Commerce Publication in Minneapolis, MN.
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- Co-founder of the Twin Cities ERM Roundtable
- US Technical Advisory Committee Member for ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard
- Risk & Insruance Management Society (RIMS) - Former Board Member, Featured National and State Conference Speaker
- Institute of Internal Audiotrs - Featured National & Regional Conference Speaker
- American Society for Heathcare Risk Mangement (ASHRM) - Featured National Conference Speaker
- Risk, Risk, Risk - Footnote Magazine, MN Society of CPA's - September 2015
- How Interal Audit Can Enhance ERM - IASA Magazine, Third Quarter, 2015
- Positioning GRC & ERM - Compliance Week, Knowledge Leaderhisp, August, 2012
- An overview of Widely Used Risk Management Standards & Guidelines, March 2011 (Contributing Author)