- Bachelor’s of arts from the University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee
- JD in law from Oklahoma City University of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
John has more than 24 years of experience in public accounting income tax, working almost exclusively with nonprofit healthcare organizations with a particular emphasis on hospitals and senior living entities. He is a frequent speaker, both internally and at external webinars and conferences, on various tax issues that impact the healthcare industry. Prior to joining CliftonLarsonAllen, John spent more than 13 years with “Big Five” firms leading their healthcare tax practice in North and South Carolina.
- Nonprofit healthcare organizations
- Hospital and health systems tax and business issues
- Tax services
- Identification of value-added tax strategies to strengthen the tax-exempt status of tax-exempt organizations and tax strategies to help minimize tax issues negatively impacting those organizations
- Tax consultation on intermediate sanctions, unrelated business income, governance, tax-exempt bonds, executive compensation, community benefit, corporate restructuring issues, IRS examinations, and private letter rulings.
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- NC HFMA
- LeadingAge of North Carolina