Maria has over 20 years of accounting experience. She is responsible for performing and supervising audit, accounting, and consulting engagements. Prior to working in public accounting, she worked in private. She has served on various female initiative committees that focused on the advancement, retention and empowerment of female professionals. Maria also has dedicated a significant amount of time to coaching and mentoring young professionals.
Maria's prior experience includes serving as Assistant Controller for a privately held local aeronautical company. Maria began her career in public accounting at a top five international public accounting firm.
Maria has been in public accounting for over 16 years and has served large and medium sized public and private companies in a variety of industries including, but not limited to, manufacturing and distribution, third party administrative services, software, healthcare, biotechnologies, and employee benefit plans. Additionally, Maria is part of the Global Services Team at CLA specializing in outbound and inbound global audits. She is the market lead for Employee Benefit Plan Services for Central Florida.
- Master of Accountancy from the University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Bachelor of Science in accounting from the University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
In the community
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- True North Women's Executive Forum
- USF School of Accountancy Advisory Board (Past)
- Tampa Bay Technology Forum (TBTF)-Executive Board - (Past)
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting's (ALPFA)-Founding Board Member, Tampa Chapter (Past)
- Women of (ALPFA)-Co-Chair and Director of Communications (Past)