- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Marywood University, Pennsylvania
Kevin has over 30 years of experience working in public accounting, private industry and internal audit. His 15 years of internal audit experience were in insurance, banking, manufacturing, and construction and included performing risk assessments for the development of internal audit plans, managing key regulatory compliance audits, conducting specialty investigations, and performing consulting projects for management.
Specific experience includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Developed and performed risk assessments to rank and prioritize audit plan projects to improve audit efficiency and effectiveness and executed internal audit plans.
- Performed SOC 1 and SOC 2 engagements for healthcare, retirement systems and various other clients.
- Supervised staff to complete internal audits in conformity with IIA and department specific standards.
- Identified segregation of duties issues as part of specific lease and trust related audits.
- Conducted special investigations of suspicious activities to determine the presence of fraud.
- Performed consultations to help management identify areas for improved process efficiencies.
- Identified accounting issues that resulted in significant financial statement changes.
- Prepared risk and control matrices for business processes and identified key controls for testing.
- Performed ACH and BSA/AML compliance audits for subsidiaries of an $18.5b bank.
- Performed reviews of the accounting, treasury and ALM functions for the bank including the call reporting function.
Upcoming speaking engagementsView More
Resources and event materialsView More
In the community
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified Investment and Derivatives Auditor
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance
- AICPA and PICPA Member
- Institute of Internal Auditors, Member
- President – Central Penn Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors