American University-Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, German minor, Cum Laude
Experience assisting with forensic investigations as well as preparing tax returns, carrying out audit functions, and performing bookkeeping procedures. She is experienced performing forensic data analytics to identify accounts at risk of potential misuse.
• Assists in forensic investigation of litigation and non-litigation matters compiling and analyzing supporting evidence. Conducts forensic data analytics on bank accounts for multi-tiered entities for multiple years and compares the data to the general ledger, including adjusting journal entries to identify potential accounting/financial/management irregularities. She also reviews tax records for the purpose of identifying potential reporting irregularities and evidence of assets.
• Assisted partner in charge in forensic investigation of a fraud case at a Credit Union client to compile evidence with respect to inappropriate use of funds, unauthorized transactions, and embezzlement. Conducted research regarding payees of money orders, checks, and loan proceeds.
• Assisted partner in charge in forensic investigation of a Native American Tribal case to inverview employees, gather and compile evidence on site, and perform data analytics on general ledgers and bank statements to identify potential misuse and unauthorized transactions.
• Experienced working with data analytics software including the normalization, importing, sorting, grouping, detection, summarization, and exporting of various data sets.
• Performs risk assessment, data analytics and review of general ledger data for audit clients. Utilizes insights gained from analytics during the preliminary risk assessment to design the substantive test work of significant accounts.
• Assists on audits of private and government clients completing walkthroughs, testing of cash, accounts payable, revenue, expenses, inventory, liabilities, investments and journal entries as well as assisting in final preparation of financials.
• Assists on audits of Credit Union clients completing testing of cash, branch procedures, employee and official accounts, internal audit procedures, Bank Secrecy Act, and ACH/Wire transfers.
• Experienced in preparation of individual, trust, non-profit, and corporate tax returns as well as research/compilation of applicable state tax laws and procedures for clients.
• Performed month end accounting services for various non-profit and private clients including reconciliations of bank accounts, investments, fixed assets, receivables, accrued liabilities, payroll, prepaid expenses and payables. In addition, carried out bookkeeping services such as invoices and writing checks throughout the month.
• Assisted on audits of Federal Government clients testing government contractor journal entries to align with the Federal Acquisition Regulation guidelines.