Oklahoma City University
Master's degree in accounting
Master's degree in English
Bachelor's degree in mathematics
BizOps Assistant Controller
CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) February 2020 - Present New York, NY
BizOps - Accounting & Finance
PPMT Strategic Group Inc | January 2012 - February 2020 | 8 years 2 months | New York NY
Prepare an accurate and timely consolidated monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements.
· Participated in preparation of SEC financial reporting (10K,10Q, 8K,financial statements, and other SEC reporting matters).
· Prepare annual budget, monthly forecasting activities, analyzed project data, and prepared detailed project assessments.
· Perform variance analysis and provide detailed explanations for CEO and CFO.
· Supervise and review the work of staff assigned to maintain GL account reconciliations including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, bank reconciliations, inventory schedule, prepaid, accruals, and cash flow, stock compensation with the detail supporting closing schedules.
· Work with external auditor for quarterly and year-end audits.
· Maintain the financial reporting and Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment.
· Set-up new clients’ accounting date in a new accounting program and create and manage book in accordance with GAAP
· Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes and continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices.
· Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns.
• Supports special projects and workflow process improvements.
N.Cheng LLP | April 2007 - January 2012 | 4 years 9 months | New York NY
Review and supervise each staff work such as bank reconciliation, GL entry, payrolls, AR, AP etc.
· Prepare financial statements and effectively communicate with clients on a monthly basis.
· Prepare yearly or quarterly budget and analyze budget vs. actual schedule.
· Oversee short and long-term cash flow projection.
· Ensured non-profit clients’ compliance with government contract regulations and monitor cost limit for overspending.
· Liaise with external auditors and prepare of year-end audit schedules.
· Evaluate clients' internal control system and report on the findings to manager.
· Set up clients’ accounting data in a new accounting system.
· Resolve clients’ accounting issues at a moment’s notice and review client’s accounting processes.
· Prepare assigned other jobs/ responsibility from time to time.
Upcoming speaking engagements
Resources and event materials